President Trump's emergency text message test sparks hilarious reactions on Twitter

Howard TerryOct 05, 2018

Levine/NewscomHundreds of millions of Americans received a "Presidential Alert" on their cell phone today.

"THIS IS A TEST of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System".

Those with their mobile devices switched on at 2:18 p.m. EDT (18:18 GMT) heard a unique loud tone while the device simultaneously vibrated.

The header for the notification will read "Presidential Alert".

Phones that are on and in service range should receive WEA messages.

Every American is to receive a phone message from Donald Trump testing an emergency alert system to be used in the event of a terror attack.

This alert was originally scheduled for September 20, but rescheduled for Wednesday after Hurricane Florence. I want to know if we're getting bombed, like right now. They're saying he can't be trusted to not use this option for future "Presidential Alerts" that don't have anything to do with emergencies.

The message will say: "THIS IS A TEST of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System". ". The Warning, Alert, and Response Network (WARN) Act of 2006 prompted the Federal Communications Commission to adopt regulations enabling the wireless industry to participate in the distribution of public alerts and warnings also".

The Emergency Alert System (EAS) is a national warning system that requires participants to provide the President with the ability to address the nation during a national emergency.

It's very similar to Amber Alerts, however unlike the noisy notifications that warn people in a particular area of a child abduction, people can not opt out of this one.

If you haven't looked down at your phone recently.

"I think if somebody feels super strongly about opting out of it", Dugan said, "then they should be able to".

Not all cellphones may have received Wednesday's alert, however.

Others used their own technological prowess to manipulate the message. Johnson said it is created to be used very rarely - and without "political agenda". We talked to people about how they feel about these emergency alerts. Authorities were reluctant to test the system for an impending disaster while an actual disaster was unfolding.

A group of New Yorkers filed a lawsuit in federal court in NY arguing they should not be compelled to receive the alerts under their right to free speech.

Related Articles:



« Previous article
Next article »


Popular Pages

What to expect from Google’s Pixel 3 event
So far we have come across rumours about Google working on Pixel Ultra, which is said to be a bigger version of the Pixel 3 XL . Which begs the question of how "mini" is too mini? "Preorders start immediately after the event".

Judge asks Tesla, SEC to justify settlement of fraud lawsuit
Nathan said it was her regular practice to request such letters. District Court, Southern District of New York, No. 18-08865. The tweet came just hours after U.S.

Suge Knight pleads no contest to manslaughter over fatal confrontation
A judge ruled on Thursday, April 16, 2015, that Knight will stand trial on murder and attempted-murder charges. Jury selection in the murder trial had been set to start on Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court.

Cut in petrol, diesel prices shows government's sensitiveness: Shah
Notably, petrol prices increased by at least Rs. 25/litre this year, ten times the reduction announced by Jaitely. Jaitley said. "Let Prime Minister Modi remember that he can not befool the people of India".

Stormy Daniels describes Trump’s penis on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’
When Kimmel asked what it was like when she and the former Apprentice host "made love", she fired back. While that doesn't disqualify Trump from being president, it does speak volumes about his character.

Emily Ratajkowski arrested during Brett Kavanaugh protest
This energy manifested itself into protests in front of the Supreme Court and Capitol Building today. Another fan got a special message from Amy on a video, saying, "I think [I'm] gonna get arrested".

Tom Hardy says his favourite scenes didn't make it into Venom
They also said it is their #3 Marvel movie overall, only trailing Infinity War and Black Panther ticket sales. The 41-year-old actor wasn't shy about his support for the film, saying he's already hoping for sequels.

Villa sack manager Steve Bruce | Central
Villa, who won the European Cup in 1982, were relegated to English football's second tier at the end of the 2015-16 season. His side beat Germany in their opening group game in Russian Federation 2018.

And CAPTAIN AMERICA: CHRIS EVANS Says Goodbye to AVENGERS 4
The actor recently completed filming for the fourth Avengers movie. Playing this role over the last 8 years has been an honor.

Samsung tops India smartphone premium segment in August
However, Consumer Reports' findings were still widely anticipated as many think their opinion matters the most. Day or artificial light sources camera Samsung has shown high-quality photos with sharp clarity and realism.